1. This announcement is called An Anouncement of Rangsit University on Student Codes of Conduct A.D. 2002
2. An Announcement of Rangsit University on Student Codes of Conduct A.D. 1999 was abolished. Any existing rules, orders or regulations that are in contrast with this announcement shall be abolished and this announcement shall be used instead.
3. Students shall strictly observe any rules, orders, regulations, announcements and orders of the university.
4. Students shall behave as polite individuals and as good citizens who take responsibility of their own duties and respect the rights and duties of other people. They shall have good morality and ethics. They shall never do anything that will ruin the reputation of the university and society.
5. Students shall help keep good order and unity within the university.
6. Students shall be dressed politely as stated by the university regulations.
7. Students shall follow the orders and warnings given by authorized teachers or authorized officers.
8. Students shall carry their Student ID card when they are in the university and be ready to show it any time upon request.
9. Students shall never be in any university buildings or in any university premises after the time stated in the university’s rules and regulations, unless permission is granted on a case-by-case basis.
10. Students shall never gamble, get involved in any forms of gambling or possess any gambling items.
11. Students shall never bring into the university any illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages. They shall not possess, drink or take such drugs beverages on the university premises.
12. Student shall never carry or possess weapons or any illegal items on the university premises.
13. Students shall never do anything, order anyone to do anything or support anyone to do anything that is against the law. They shall never attempt to do anything against the law too.
14. Students shall never commit the wrong doings of fighting / or attempt in any manner to stir, cause or take part in any fight among RSU students, among or with students of other institutions or outsiders.
15. Students shall not do anything that is against the university’s traffic regulations.
16. Students shall treat the teachers and university staff with respect. They shall never say anything to offend them, say any rude words, manifest any rude behaviors to them.
17. Students shall never perform any acts or behave in any ways that are against the law, or rules, regulations, announcements or orders of the university.
18. Students shall never possess or print any materials, drawings, any forms of writings or any papers or say anything or perform any acts that will cause damage to other individuals or the university.
19. Students shall never be head over heels in debt which will cause damage to other people or the university.
20. Any acts by students that are against the country’s law, rules, regulations, announcements or orders of the university shall be considered “Against the Student Codes of Conduct” and penalties are as follows:
20.3 Deduction of behavior points
20.4 Asked to take a leave
20.5 Released from student status
20.6 Any other penalties as seen appropriate by the university
21. Deduction of behavior points
21.1 Each student has 100 behavior points during his/her time in the university.
21.2 Each deduction must not be less than 5 points. The number of points to be deducted is to be decided by the university or the investigation committee.
21.3 Any student whose behavior points are deducted once (or more than one time altogether) with a total deducted score of 40 – 60 will be asked to take a leave of 1 semester.
21.4 Any student whose behavior points are deducted once (or more than one time altogether) with a total deducted score of 61 – 80 will be asked to take a leave of 2 semesters.
21.5 Any student whose behavior points are deducted once (or more than one time altogether) with a total deducted score of 81 – 99 will be asked to take a leave of 1 academic year.
21.6 Any student whose behavior points are deducted once (or more than one time altogether) with a total deducted score of 100 will be released from student status.
22. Any student who receives the final sentence of prison (except for minor wrong doings or wrong doings committed out of carelessness) shall be released from student status and shall not be eligible for, and thus excluded from student investigation and student codes of conduct penalties.
23. The committee for student codes of conduct investigation shall have the authority to investigate students who are against the student codes of conduct according to the university announcement on the committee for student codes of conduct investigation A.D. 2002, except the university has any other different procedures which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
24. For the investigation to gain facts, any kinds of evidences related to the acts of being against the student codes of conduct and for the investigation to prove wrong doing, the committee for student codes of conduct investigation shall have the authority to
24.1 Call the student who acted against the student codes of conduct or anyone as seen related to that act for investigation.
24.2 Ask to see and collect any evidences related to that wrong act.
24.3 Make a summary of the investigation and propose the penalties with regards to the intention of performing the wrong act.
25. People who are authorized to penalize students for 20.1, 20.2, 20.3 are the vice president, the dean, the hostel manager, or anyone assigned by the president.
26. The authorized person to penalize students for 20.4, 20.5, 20.6 is the president or anyone assigned by the president.
27. Once an order of penalty is issued, the student’s parents or guardians shall be informed.
28. The student who gets penalized can write a letter to appeal and sign it. A student can make an appeal for himself/herself only. He/ she can not make it for other people, or have other people make it for him/her.
• The appeal can be made within 15 days from the day the order of penalty is issued. The letter of appeal shall be submitted to the chair of the student codes of conduct appeal committee.
• The student codes of conduct appeal committee must finish the consideration within 15 days from the day they received the letter. Then the decision is submitted to the president. The decision by the president is regarded final.
29. Head of the Office of Student Affairs will collect all the considerations for each student investigated from the student codes of conduct investigation committee and submit them to the university and the Office of Student Affairs will keep one copy of the documents for records.